On 10/16/07, Jos Poortvliet wrote: > Hi guys, > > Guess what. Some gentoo users found a way to speed up konqi, by > disabling the sync function in ktempfile. Apparently, Konqi syncs a > lot, and uses the harddrive constantly when webbrowsing. This of > course is bad for both speed and powerusage. > > > Now I wonder - is this dangerous? And if not, would it be a good idea > to merge the patch? I'm assuming the patch does not disable KTempFile::sync and instead just removes the areas where konqi calls sync, yes? Can we see this patch? Konqi needing to call sync() is indeed a little suspicious. There aren't a lot of scenarios where that is necessary. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<