List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde4 svn development with kubuntu
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-10-13 13:15:55

On 13.10.07 13:35:14, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the response. I cc'd kde-devel, so hopefully I can get some
> light on the rest of this.
>
> I'm going to upgrade to gutsy soon or this weekend.
>
> Luka Renko wrote:
>
> > On Sunday 07 October 2007 16:33:35 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> >> As qt4.3 is backported to feisty, can I just use that instead of
> >> the -kdecopy versions?
> >
> > I would suggest to use that version - it is 4.3.0, so it should be fine
> > (4.3.2 which is in gutsy would be better as it includes some bugfixes).
> >

> Does 4.3.2 include the patches that are in qt-copy on kdesvn?

Depends, if qt-copy == qt 4.3.1 then some might be in 4.3.2, if its
already 4.3.2 then all the active patches are not in Qt 4.3.2. Thats the
purpose of qt-copy to have a qt version with patches that might end in
Qt itself, but are not in the current version.

> Are those patches important?

Depends on the patch :) I'm not aware of any serious bugfixes in them,
but I don't look often at them.

> What is the version number of qt-copy in kdesvn(before patches)?

Its 4.3.1 or 4.3.2, not sure if its been upgraded to 4.3.2 already.

> >> If I use repo packages, will I have to reset the $QTDIR environment
> >> variable? What else will I have to do?
> >
> > I just have libqt4-dev installed and cmake will properly detect which
> > version to take. I did not need to change QTDIR in .bashrc.
> > Note: I am compiling kde4 on gutsy.
>
> Doesn't cmake use the QTDIR env var?

Qt4 itself doesn't use QTDIR anymore. Its completely unsupported. Qt4
uses qmake to know about its installation paths.

> There are a good number of other variables in the .bashrc which use
> QTDIR. If I delete ~/qt-copy then they'll be busted, right?

If you delete ~/qt-copy then you need to re-arrange your variables to
point to the new Qt4.3 directory and close and re-open shell. I'm not
sure if running cmake . in the builddir is enough, eventually you'll
need to remove the CMakeCache.txt.

Andreas

--
Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.