List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Name of Control Center in KDE 4
From:       "Gary L. Greene Jr." <greeneg () tolharadys ! net>
Date:       2007-10-11 15:17:39

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 10:11:20 pm James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > I also like 'personal settings' from suse 10.1.
>
> That is a good suggestion.  Perhaps "User Settings" would be more
> technically correct, but perhaps it is to technical.  Is 'User' jargon
> (geek speak :-D), or would most new users know what it meant?

Look in System Settings now, there are system wide settings in there. So User
Settings or Personal Settings aren't accurate to the usage. Besides, most end
users look for one location to find configuration tools, not two or more. The
settings for Windows are all kept in the control center, the settings for a
Mac in their System Settings, so I see no need for changing that.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: peorth.tolharadys.net