List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems in Main Window
From:       "Andreas Hartmetz" <ahartmetz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-06 20:16:52

> BTW, in case this ever blows up again, how DO you change the
> default that is taken by setupGUI() and KShortcutsDialog?  I have
> spent some time this week searching for the method.

It's a default parameter of the KShortcutsEditor constructor.

> Maybe I should put an explicit call in my startup code (belt
> and braces approach to holding up trousers, aka "defensive
> programming") ... :-)

Default parameter values (see above) cannot change within a major
release, so you really don't have to care about it. The implementation
of default parameter values is that the compiler inserts them at every
call site, they are not built into the binary code of the libraries as
such. Changing the default value of a parameter would lead to
previously compiled applications using the old default value and newly
compiled apps using the new values, leading to confusion. It would
also unpredictably change the behavior of old code when recompiled. So
we don't do it.

For the record, I fixed the bug on October 4th :)