List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror blocking due to NS Plugins
From:       "Elio Cuevas" <elcugo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-26 18:48:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

2007/9/26, Stephan Johach <lucardus@onlinehome.de>:

> Am Mittwoch 26 September 2007, 14:02:26 schrieb Randy Kramer:
> > On Wednesday 26 September 2007 03:31 am, koos vriezen wrote:
> > > Have you any statistics on this. My feeling is that the average user
> > > does know about top, ps and kill. Even a significant percentage knows
> > > how to write these utils.
> >
> > The current "average" (i.e., mean, median) user of Linux might indeed
> know
> > about top, ps, and kill, which is sort of a disappointment.  I'd like to
> > see Linux and kde become more suitable to the user who doesn't know
> about
> > top, ps, and kill.
>
> The average user only needs to know Ctrl-Esc.

Sure, but how is she suposed to know what proccess to kill? I know exactly
(well, almost) what each proccess do, but when i go to Windows i see a bunch
of proccess with funny names and go blindinggly killing stuff is asking for
trouble. I can imagine a similar situation for someone coming from Windows
to Linux: "Hey, that 'X' thing is eating my CPU..."