List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror blocking due to NS Plugins
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-09-26 14:41:38

koos vriezen wrote:
> 2007/9/26, Petri Damstén <petri.damsten@iki.fi>:
> > On Wednesday 26 September 2007 10:31:47 koos vriezen wrote:
> > > Have you any statistics on this. My feeling is that the average user
> > > does know about top, ps and kill. Even a significant percentage knows
> > > how to write these utils.
> > >
> > > And there are the specialized linux boxes that could have
> > > non-technical users. But then they probably don't browse p*rn site (or
> > > else why is the original report kept so vague that it's impossible to
> > > reproduce this in any way).
> > For example selecting any message from Finnish conversation site.:
> > http://keskustelu.suomi24.fi/show.fcgi?category=115;conference=4500000000001609;posting=22000000029365336
> >  will halt konqueror.
>
> This is not nsplugins related, is it? (at least by disabling plugins
> in konqueror also make this site halt konqueror).

I am having problems with disabling plugins.  However, removing the
Flash files or using the old Flash plugin file cures the blocking
problem.  I have reached the conclusion that the problems are caused by
the current Adobe Flash plugin for Linux.

I installed Flash 9 for Windows and it works fine for IE6 but Crossover
fails to make a plugin link for Linux.

--
JRT