List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Message history in a status bar (using QComboBox or QListWidget)
From:       "Nicolas Ternisien" <nicolas.ternisien () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-10 7:57:06

Hi everybody !

Is there a simple way to display a message history list in the status
bar, using one of the following way (or a better one) :

- Show a QComboBox which looks like a QLabel and display on clicks the
popup list (which contains the message history). This is the actual
solution I'm using, but I don't know how make the QComboBox looks like
a QLabel.

- Show a QListWidget which appears on the bottom of the screen, which
has the size of the label and which appears when clicking on label.
(I've tried to integrate the OverlayWidget and QScrollArea of the
KMail ProgressDialog classes, and the OverlayWidget used in Amarok
without success)

I've also two other questions :

Is it possible to customize the QPalette of a QComboBox (in a status bar) ?

Is it possible to set the line widths of a QLabel in a status bar ?

Of course, if you know an Qt/KDE application which does the kind of
feature, please inform me...

All my problems are listed in this source code :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/sysadmin/ksystemlog/src/statusBar.cpp?view=markup

Thanks you very much.

Regards,

Nicolas Ternisien