List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdefx
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-09-02 18:16:51

Michael Thaler wrote:
> I tried to compile the hell word example from techbase.kde.org and I get the
> following compile error:

The "hell word" program? Sounds... fiery ;-).

> $ g++ main.cpp -o
> tutorial1 -I$QTDIR/include/Qt -I$QTDIR/include/QtCore -I$QTDIR/include \
> -I$KDEDIR/include/KDE -I$KDEDIR/include -L$KDEDIR/lib -L$QTDIR/lib -lQtCore -lQtGui \
> -lkdeui -lkdecore main.cpp:27:2: warning: no newline at end of file
> /usr/bin/ld: warning: libkdefx.so.5, needed by /opt/kde4/lib/libkdeui.so, not
> found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
> /opt/kde4/lib/libkdeui.so: undefined reference to
> `KImageEffect::dither(QImage&, QColor const*, int)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Shouldn't qimageblitz replace kdefx?

Yes. Unfortunately, not everything has been ported yet :-(. (In
particular, I'm not sure if there is a replacement for dither() yet.
Would you happen to know what bit of code is looking for kdefx?)

> What do I have to do to get this compiled?

For now, does adding '-lkdefx' solve the problem?

--
Mathew
(sorry, .sig file is on the other computer)