List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail problems
From:       Andreas Hartmetz <ahartmetz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-02 15:24:25

On Sunday 02 September 2007 01:45:01 Zé wrote:
> Em Sábado 01 Setembro 2007, Andreas Hartmetz escreveu:
> > On Saturday 01 September 2007 03:01:03 Zé wrote:
> > > After building and installing kdepim from branch-3.5 with svn release
> > > 706262, i started having severall problems in kmail, now i have
> > > severalll messages that appear in blanck without sender unknown and
> > > date.
> > >
> > > Also in the gmail account i started getting this message:
> > >
> > > Your POP3 server (Account: Gmail) doesnt support UIDL command: this
> > > command is needed to determine a trutable way to wich messages on
> > > server Kmail aready seen previously;
> > > the option to leave messages on the server will not work correctly this
> > > way.
> > >
> > > Whats wrong?
> >
> > Known problem, either recently fixed or still not... I had similar issues
> > (rounded off with crashes) and talked to the people who made the
> > offending change and it looked like it was finally fixed several times.
> > That's kmail... So, please update to the very latest version and continue
> > using kmail. If you still have problems then you are most probably seeing
> > a bug that still needs fixing. You might get quick help in #kontact on
> > freenode in that case. Btw, kmail issues are better discussed on
> > kdepim@kde.org.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Andreas

> I did not post the correct svn release, and just for the case i did build
> with today svn update (svn release 707425) and voila the problems are
> there, i started having several blank messages with sender and date unknown
> and also received again that message when checking messages from gmail
> account:
>
> Your POP3 server (Account: Gmail) doesnt support UIDL command: this
> command is needed to determine a trustable way to wich messages on server
> Kmail arleady seen previously;
> the option to leave messages on the server will not work correctly this
> way.
>
> So if this problems were already solved (wich i doubt since time to time i
> received a blank message with sender and date unknow but nothing like what
> happens now) but regarding checking messages from gmail account never had
> problems and never received a message like that.
>
> Fortunelly i have a kdepim build from an older svn releases that doesnt
> have this problems...

Please note that this is is not a list to help people running development
versions, this is a list to discuss design issues and get things fixed. So if
you are not planning to follow up on a bug report [sorry if I got that wrong]
please avoid sending it to a dev mailing list. IRC is better for quick
questions anyway.