List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail problems
From:       Andreas Hartmetz <ahartmetz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-01 20:38:08

On Saturday 01 September 2007 03:01:03 Zé wrote:
> After building and installing kdepim from branch-3.5 with svn release
> 706262, i started having severall problems in kmail, now i have severalll
> messages that appear in blanck without sender unknown and date.
>
> Also in the gmail account i started getting this message:
>
> Your POP3 server (Account: Gmail) doesnt support UIDL command: this command
> is needed to determine a trutable way to wich messages on server Kmail
> aready seen previously;
> the option to leave messages on the server will not work correctly this
> way.
>
> Whats wrong?

Known problem, either recently fixed or still not... I had similar issues
(rounded off with crashes) and talked to the people who made the offending
change and it looked like it was finally fixed several times. That's kmail...
So, please update to the very latest version and continue using kmail. If you
still have problems then you are most probably seeing a bug that still needs
fixing. You might get quick help in #kontact on freenode in that case.
Btw, kmail issues are better discussed on kdepim@kde.org.

Cheers,
Andreas