List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 Konqueror issue (html ioslave)
From:       Will Stephenson <wstephenson () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-26 15:21:14

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 15:45:51 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 03:40:52PM +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Do you have knetworkmanager running?
>
> It's likely the fault of knetworkmanager and networkstatus.  Just quit
> knetworkmanager to work around it.  I hope to make some improvements
> to this in Gutsy with wstephenson's patches.

I particularly recommend the kppp patch that tells networkstatus when the
system is online, then you won't have this problem.  Currently you have
knetworkstatus as the only source of input to the networkstatus system, and
it believes the network is offline.

The other fix is a NetworkManager that can handle PPP, but that's a way off.

Will