List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Announcing KShortcutAssistant
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-08-26 21:40:59

On 26.08.07 20:47:35, Ulrik Mikaelsson wrote:
> On 8/26/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku@gmx.de> wrote:
> > It would have been nice if you could've provided some more information
> > how that class/code works specifically. What changes did you do?
>
> Certainly, although the important part is not the code itself. The
> code is trivial and probably not optimal (re-generating the
> KShortcutAssistant-panel on each display, for instance). What's
> important here is how it affects usability, and if the direction of
> development is desired.
>
> Anyways, the attached patch should pretty much be self-explanatory,
> but the current concept is;
>
> - Create a new core-widget that displays a centered panel containing
> all available shortcut-actions.
>   + Currently, the available actions are inferred by examining the
> menu of the current KMainWindow. (This happens on each display, room
> for improvements)
>   + Actions are currently grouped by where in the menu they occur.
> Probably not desireable, at least they should be grouped by what the
> complete key-combo looks like (look how it's done in the article.)
> - Hook up the widget in the main application event-loop (the only
> place if found where I are guaranteed to see all keydown-events for
> the ctrl-key.)
>
> Don't hesitate to ask for further questions.

Thanks thats mostly what I was looking for (and not having to read that
full article). Oh, one last thing: Got a screenshot? You know pictures
say more than a 1000 words ;) Anyway, I guess to fully understand I have
to read that article (scheduled for tomorrow).

Andreas

--
Chicken Little only has to be right once.