List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Where can i send a patch to?
From:       Jan =?iso-8859-1?q?Thom=E4?= <kork () insomnia-hq ! de>
Date:       2007-08-13 8:30:17

Hi again,

first off, thanks a lot for your reply.

On Thursday 09 August 2007 23:02:29 Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> On Thursday 09 August 2007 20:45:03 Jan Thomä wrote:
> > i have added a small feature to the KPPP program [...] I would like to
> > contribute this change to the project. [...]
> > 0. Is this the correct mailing list?
> Try "gg:kde mailing lists" in konqueror
Okay, i knew this one, found no fitting list though. Well I stick to this one
for starters.

> > 1. Who shall i send the modified sources to?
> Find the maintainer,
Did it. No reply, i don't know if he is still doing it. What would be the "in
case you are not getting any contact to the maintainer"  way of doing it?

> and it's customary to send patches, not the whole
> code. svn diff or diff -Nru.
I see, this is probably easier ;).  Having used konstruct makes it somewhat
hard to provide patches, though.

> > 2. Is there a possiblity to check directly into some SVN/CVS repository?
>
> Yes, although you don't usually get SVN access without having demonstrated
> that you can do something useful [...]
Of course. I used konstruct to get the sources, however i found no information
about accessing a KDE3 SVN (even in readonly mode). All information i found
was related to KDE4, however my changes are for a KDE3 application. So
forgive me if i get it all wrong, but where is the SVN repository for KDE3?

Thanks again for your help and best regards,
Jan