List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Is Kross going to be cross-platform?
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2007-08-03 20:24:29

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> On Thursday 02 August 2007, Richard Moore wrote:

>> > Plus, the javascript support of kross is part of kdelibs anyway, isn't
>> > it?
>>
>> For 4.0 yes, not for 4.1.
>
> Huh? First time I heard of that. It would be pretty insane.

and it's wrong btw. What is true, is that the kjsembed-support will be removed
but since kjsembed is nothing (the real interpreter behind the
JavaScript-support is kjs which is btw also included in WebKit and supported
by Apple & Co), it's not that big pain and I've already a working prototype.
See here also the note at the bottom of
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/kdelibs - so, for consumers of Kross there
will be no change plus to support kjs does not mean to don't support QtScript
as well :)