List:       kde-devel
Subject:    QStringList from a custom widget and KConfigXT
From:       "Yannick Gingras" <ygingras () ygingras ! net>
Date:       2007-08-02 23:11:41

Hi,

some time ago I asked how to make a custom widget to store a list of
colors with kconfig.  Someone suggest that I use a QStringList and
that I store the color names. [1]

This is indeed a good idea but I admit that I still don't quite get
how to link all the parts together to have KConfig extract the color
names from my hypothetical color list view.

In kdecore/kconfigdialogmanager.h I read that my new widget should
define a Q_PROPERTY and an register it with QSqlPropertyMap.  So far
so good.  I greped KDE sources for an example using a QStringList
property in a .ui but I still can't find one.

Do you have to build dialogs by hand when you use custom properties?
Probably not since the whole property framework seems to be there to
make GUI design easier to decouple from the code.

Anyone has an example of a custom widget returning a QStringList that
is used in a .ui and registered with kconfig?  That would really help
me.

Best regards,

--
Yannick Gingras