List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The no goto religion
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-08-02 22:41:01

Richard Moore wrote:
> On 7/29/07, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> wrote:
>> You could also just return the moment you found a match.
>
> Yes, I've never in 10 years found a case where I'd want goto in C++.

The question here is not if it is possible to avoid a "goto" but rather
how much extra code is used to avoid using one -- meaning that using the
"goto" is sometimes the most efficient solution.

Read Frank Rubin's letter to Communications (of the ACM) for examples
and Donald Knuth's paper: "Structured Programing with _goto_
Statements". -- don't just take my word for it.

--
JRT