List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Query on kdelibs/kdecore/io/kgrantpty.c
From:       Brad Hards <bradh () frogmouth ! net>
Date:       2007-07-29 7:15:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I'm doing some experiments with a static checker, and my initial rule checks
threw up a lot of errors, possibly many false alarms [dear lazyweb, is it an
error to  do FooClass *p = new FooClass; p->member = bar; without checking if
p is null?]

One that does look like an error is in kgrantpty.c
Around line 149 is this line:
    tty = malloc(strlen(pty) + 1);

That never gets free()'d that I can see.

Does that count as a bug, or is it OK because this is a standalone application
and it gets cleaned up on exit?

Brad