List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: EBN: Copyright and License
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-07-17 15:03:54

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 17.07.07 19:03:54, Ian Wadham wrote:
>> Is KDE 4 adopting [GPLv3]?
>
> AFAIK thats not possible unless TT changes Qt license to gpl2 or later
> (its gpl2 only atm).

It is correct that KDE cannot use "GPLv3". AFAIK however KDE can use
"GPLv3 + permission to link to Qt" (additional permissions may be needed
for other parts of KDE, but probably not since libs are LGPL.

> Any further license discussions should be done on kde-license@kde.org,
> this is the wrong list for such things.

Is that list working? I've tried to post to it before (trying again now)
and nothing happened, I'm also not *getting* any activity there despite
all the people mentioning GPLv3 and all the requests to move discussion
there.

--
Matthew
find / -user your -name base -print0 | xargs -0 chown us:us