List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re:
From:       Brad Hards <bradh () frogmouth ! net>
Date:       2007-07-04 9:39:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 04 July 2007 19:14, Buzz Lightyear wrote:
> Hi
G'day.

> something crashed today. Here's the backtrace.
> I hope this backtrace is useful.
You really need to log a bug to track this - see http://bugs.kde.org.
This will allow us to compare various problems that might be related, and also
ensures that appropriate context is recorded (e.g. which particular version
of KDE you are using, which compiler, what operating system, what you were
doing at the time, etc).

> I comiled my sytem with "-fomit-frame-pointer" does this effect the
> usefullness of backtraces?
It certainly didn't look too good to me, but I'm not much of a developer, so
it might still be useable.

Brad