List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdepimlibs compile requirements -- boost
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-07-02 17:44:58

On 02.07.07 18:15:58, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 02 July 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >
> > Not quite right:
> >
> > a) Its a plugin in kdevplatform, which can be disabled via a
> > -DBUILD_teamwork=off
>
> And this should remain the default, always.

I disagree.

> Otherwise we will end with binary packages for kdevplatform which will
> depend on boost. I'm sure I don't want to see that.

Thats wrong. The plugins of the platform need to packaged separately and
thus only those plugin package(s) would have a dependecy on boost. Apart
from that its (IIRC) just 2 boost libs that are installed and I think
quite some users might have installed them anyway.

And we can't do anything about stupid packagers that stuff everything
into 1 big package. But that was always the case.

> > b) its completely disabled currently anyway because it doesn't
> > compile and the author doesn't have enough time to fix it because
> > he's a SoC-student.
>
> I better don't respond to this...

Uhm, what exactly is wrong with not having time to look into the
problems? And it might actually be that its just a problem of declaring
teamwork to need boost 1.34 and not being buildable with 1.33.1

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss this.

Andreas

--
You're not my type.  For that matter, you're not even my species!!!