List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: error compiling kdelibs/kstyle/oxygen
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2007-06-21 21:39:05

Yesno.
Nuno ruled out most gradients, so the stuff became far less important and all
gradients will be created in software (nVidia is notably faster but eg.
cannot do multistop radial gradients as well)

Blending should work on most implemetations, so that you'll either have
sufficient speed here or not (in case you wanna use another transition or no
transition at all)

Only thing remaining is the masking - Qt uses back and forth Pixmap -> Image
conversion here, so though the speed is still ok for small items (if you
don't set scale to 10 or so ;) i'd like to avoid it.
(Requires working XRenderComposite(dpy, PictOpSrc, src, mask, dst))

If there're know issues i'll try to write a compile check (but if the Render
implemetation does not even mentions an error and just paints crap, this will
be hard to do)
Any infos about broken drivers for this case?

(Another option would be to make a config option instead an #ifdef - should
not be the performance killer ;) )

Thomas

--
Fear... Fear attracts the fearfull.
The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt.