List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kicker & powertop
From:       Michael Pyne <michael.pyne () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2007-06-19 0:38:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 18 June 2007, Rafael Rodríguez wrote:
> > Bascially a trade-off question. Will be interesting to see if KDE4
> > versions will offer to have different settings depending on power mode,
> > e.g. updating less often when battery powered.
>
> If currently now other system tools can work depending on that kind of
> events (e.g. all tools configuring cpu frequency), I don't see why
> kde-based ones couldn't...

A mere CPU info applet that displays static info doesn't need timer events but
if it displays stuff like CPU temperature or (especially) CPU load then timer
events will be required to keep the information up-to-date.

That includes stuff like network activity applets, CPU load applets (or any
sort really) or any other type of applet that has information it needs to
update in real-time or near real-time.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne