List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Spellchecking issue - multiple languages
From:       Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles () elpauer ! org>
Date:       2007-06-15 10:51:01

Quoting Eike Hein <hein@kde.org>:

> Hi Ferdinand,
>
> please have a look at this article about the
> improved spell-checking framework in the up-
> coming KDE 4, which will also be capable of
> performing dynamic language detection:
>
> http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/02/01/1935238

I would not be so sure Sonnet will make it into KDE4 as its author
(Jacob Rideout) has not committed code since February 19th, he does
not write anything in his blog, he does not answer e-mails and even
his company's website has disappeared. As a consequence of all this,
his aKademy talk has been cancelled. Read Adrian DeGroot's weblog for
more information on the quest.

I encourage anyone with enough knowledge on language recognition and
spellchecking to further develop Sonnet from the point Jacob
(seemingly has) abandoned it.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org