List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: amaroK playlist tiny problem
From:       "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03 () volumehost ! net>
Date:       2007-06-11 22:42:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 11 June 2007, "Mario Young - Mantis Technology Solutions"
<mario@mantistechs.com> wrote about 'Re: amaroK playlist tiny problem':
> Try this:

No.

> What my amarok does is play the frist track then jump to the 1 track
> with the tag cd numer 2 and GO BACK to the 1 track with the cd number 1
> and loop forever.

I understand that.

However, there's no need to send these issue to this list.  AmaroK has it's
own mailing list (this is NOT it), forum, and IRC channel.  I noticed your
bug was marked as resolved: works for me, and I would guess you aren't
happy with that resolution. (I'm not either, I think Mark Kretschmann
misunderstood what you are trying to do.)

However, part of this is your description of the problem.  It's very
confusing for me to read -- I'm guessing English isn't your native
language?  Something like this might be better: (feel free to use if you
think it describes your problem)

My set-up:
I own a 2 CD album.  I've ripped the track and correctly tagged them.  In
particular, the first song on the first CD has tags like: { 'Track'
=> '1', 'Album' => 'My Album Title', 'Disc Number' => '1' } and the first
song on the second CD has tags like: { 'Track' => '1', 'Album' => 'My
Album Title', 'Disc Number' => '2' }.

What I'm doing:
Add the first two songs for each disk in this album to the play list.
(Larger playlists exhibit similar behavior, but this is a small test case
that shows the problem.)
Choose Mode -> Repeat -> Playlist
Choose Mode -> Random -> Album
Start playback

What happens:
The first song from the first CD plays, then the first song from the
*second* CD plays, then the *first* song of the *first* CD repeats.  The
first song from each disc repeats ad inf.; other songs from any CD in the
album never gets played!

What I expected to happen:
The first song from the first CD plays, then the remaining songs from the
*first* CD plays, then the first song of the *second* CD plays followed by
the remaining songs from the second CD.  Finally, another album is choosen
at random and plays etc. (In the 4-song, test playlist I've described, the
album would repeat since it's in only album on the playlist.)

Notes:
I know it's possible to play this album in order by using Mode -> Random ->
Off, but it seems like AmaroK should be able to determine the order of
this album in Mode -> Random -> Album as well -- I often queue up many,
many albums in Random Album mode and it seems silly (I might even go so
far as to say it's a usability issue) to have to take specific action when
I'm adding a properly tagged multi-CD album to the playlist in this mode.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))