List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: error building kdebase svn release  669956
From:       Zé <mmodem00 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-07 22:05:43

Em Quinta, 7 de Junho de 2007, Tom Albers escreveu:
> At Thursday 07 June 2007 14:19, you wrote:

> > > Works fine for me, in fact the last longer-lasting breakage of kdebase
> > > is weeks or maybe months ago.
> > >
> > > Andreas
> >
> > You did read this mail with attention?
> > You do see that i said:
> > "> i have updated to svn release 672428 and i continue getting this
> > error:"
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=113481159626997&w=2
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=113487697502418&w=2
>
> Toma

I understand, but so far i never had any problem building with unsermake, but
i package kde, and when reaches the part to start the build in spec i have
this:
unsermake  %_smp_mflags

the macro %_smp_mflags will appear depending the machine cpu's numbers, so in
case only have 2 cpu, appears:
unsermake -j2

but now i ask, if with '%make' the builds goes fine, so it also should go fine
with 'unsermake  %_smp_mflags', but as i posted, it gives error, so my
conclusion is that the source code needs to be fixed so i can continue
using 'unsermake  %_smp_mflags' like i always did and not now come with some
workaround like the one from the links you posted above, in wich i would to
have:
unsermake --compile-jobs=2

but here this is for machines with 2 cpus, and now i ask, where is a rpm macro
to handle --compile-jobs for machines dual core or not?

The correct would be to simply fix the source code regarding whats in
~kdelibs/doc/kspell/

so that i could continue using what i always used to build all kde modules.

regards,
--
Zé
Linux user #378762