List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDesktop 3 transparency patch
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2007-06-06 17:31:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Jos Poortvliet napisaƂ(a):
> Lovely. But sadly, KDE 3 has been closed for development some time
> ago, KDE 3.5.8 will only feature bugfixes. Unless they want to make an
> exception, of course, but I wouldn't count on that.
>
> Further, Kdesktop is already removed from KDE in KDE 4. So it's up to
> distributions to pick up your patch for KDE 3.5.x, improving compiz
> support. I recommend posting this patch at kde-apps.org, so both users
> and distributions can grab it there for testing and inclusion. I know
> several distro's that will be happy to include this, even though it
> won't make it into the official KDE.

Is there any place where such new features for KDE 3 could be gathered?
It would be bad if they were lost.

I also have a patch with new functionality sitting in my working copy
(apart from switching application language, that is) and will probably
be working on some more (for example showing if documentation is
translated in Help menu).

I think a central place with improvements for KDE 3 would be welcome by
those who will stick to KDE 3 for some time.

	Krzysztof Lichota