List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to properly setup and build api dox
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-06-05 22:13:10

On 05.06.07 17:46:13, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 June 2007 3:55:14 pm Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking for some documentation on how to setup and build api dox for
> > a kde4 module.
> >
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/howto.php
> I guess this needs to be updated and moved to TechBase.

Some parts of that are already on techbase, but especially the "how to
get dox build" and "how to create "mainpages"" are missing.

> > As far as I can see (from kdepimlibs and kdebase) a module just needs to
> > have a Mainpage.dox in its top level dir and a Doxyfile.local in
> > doc/api.
> The Doxyfile.local is optional.  But you'll eventually need it.
> For example, to alias the FOO_EXPORT strings to empty.

Aaah, ok.

> > These subdirs should then also have a Mainpage.dox, right?
> >
> Each subdir that you want to be documented must have a Mainpage.dox
> at the top level.  So kdepimlibs/kpimutils/Mainpage.dox

Do I also need src/Mainpage.dox if there are only subdirs in src?

> > What about more general Documentation, for example an architecture
> > overview (its currently in doc/api with a Mainpage.dox referencing it
> > in the same dir).
> >
> Put the architecture overview in Mainpage.dox if it isn't way too big.

Its quite long and at some point may be split across other Mainpage.dox,
but at the moment I just want to get proper api docs for kdevplatform so
that our SoC students can use it.

> > b) How to build the api documentation when I'm inside module foo? I
> > don't have a Doxyfile in there.
> >
> http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4#Generating_local_API_documentation
> Basically you use the kdelibs/doc/api/doxygen.sh program

Aah, ok. I guess this will change over time, right? Because I don't
think having to install kdelibs sources to build a modules api dox is a
good idea...

> > How is this done on the ebn?
> >
> The EBN uses doxygen.sh, but inside a big mess of another script.

Hehe. Ok then. Thanks for the information.

Andreas

--
You are so boring that when I see you my feet go to sleep.