List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: preference dialogs in KDE4
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-03 20:32:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 03 June 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 03.06.07 14:23:10, Jonas Widarsson wrote:

> > > This class is internal to kwalletd in kio/misc.  It isn't exported, so
> > > you can't use it outside of kdelibs.
> > >
> > > So, in short, no.
> > >
> > > Alex
> >
> > Oh, I see. I should do something with QDialog then, I assume.

no; you should be using KDialog. KDialogBase was deprecated and the
functionality was put into two classes: KDialog and KPageDialog (which is a
KDialog itself).

this is all in kdelibs/KDE4PORTING.html, which is linked to from techbase. the
document will actually be moving to techbase at some point in time; actually
now might be a good time to do that now that kdelibs is not changing every
few minutes =)

> > Next question:
> > Is there any standardized way to show preferences dialogs in KDE4 yet?
>
> KControl Modules + KSettings::Dialog I think.

or KConfigDialog directly if you don't need/want to make them externally
available KCMs. you can always transition quite easily later on as well, as
KCMultiDialog (which is what KSettings::Dialog wraps) is KPageDialog itself.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se