List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with mime types
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-06-01 18:06:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 31 May 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 31.05.07 23:12:39, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Thursday 31 May 2007, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Try starting kdeinit4 from a shell instead of letting it start
> > > through the kde app. For me that helps. Else you'd have to kill
> > > kdeinit4 each time you want to start another kde4 app.
> >
> > You're great, it works!
> >
> > > This was introduced sometime in the last 7-10 days.
> >
> > Hopefully the one who broke it, will fix it. :)
>
> Well, I looked through the commit logs but I couldn't find anything.

Hm, it might be that an old kdeinit4 was running. I usually just suspend
my PC and not restart it, so it might happen that an old version was
still in memory. I tried the following experiment:

- remove $KDEHOME, $KDEVARTMP, $KDETMP, kill kdeinit4, start kwrite
directly: problem happens
- do the above, but also run kbuildsycoca4 manually (but not kdeinit4!):
problem doesn't happen.

So if the system cache is not created manually, for some reason it
doesn't work.

Andras