List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kioslave question
From:       Robert Hogan <robert () roberthogan ! net>
Date:       2007-05-31 21:04:05

On Thursday 31 May 2007 19:08:44 Robert Hogan wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 May 2007 22:38:10 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Robert Hogan wrote:
> > >Hi there,
> > >
> > >I want to create a kioslave that is somewhere between a konqueror web
> > > shortcut and a kioslave proper. Basically, in the get() of the kioslave
> > > I want to do some stuff and then open the web page in the given url as
> > > normal. In other words, return to being a normal web page, including
> > > reinstating the http:// prefix.
> > >
> > >Is this possible? What do I need to call in get() to retrieve the web
> > > page and allow konqueror to continue in normal browsing mode?
> >
> > You can redirect from your ioslave to another page.
> >
> > You may need to authorise the redirection. Not all redirections are
> > allowed by default.
>
> You mean send an html page with something liike
>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"
>       CONTENT="5; URL=originalurll">
>
> ? Or is there some sort of redirection facility in kioslaves?

The html redirect works a treat and is exactly what I wanted, so thanks
Thiago, that would never have occurred to me. However, if there is a better
way of doing things I'd be delighted to hear it.

BTW, why does KRun:runCommand() cause an ioslave to 'stop unexpectedly'?
KProcIO works fine however.

--

Browse Anonymously Anywhere	- http://anonymityanywhere.com
TorK	- KDE Anonymity Manager	- http://tork.sf.net