List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: patch: kdesu "--comment" override
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-29 15:26:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 29 May 2007, Ryan Zeigler wrote:
> This is my first post to the list, but I was just messing around in kdebase
> and I felt that this might be useful for kdesu. It adds a comment argument
> to the kdesu program that can override what is displayed in the dialog box.
> I hope this is useful. Sincerely,

interesting idea; instead of replacing the command completely however, it
would be nice to hide the command with a little "Command >" label that, when
clicked, would expand to show the command. this way the command, which is
important for security as well as nice for educational purposes (so people
can check what is about to be run as root), is not removed completely from
the UI. i'd encourage you to continue improving this patch, as i do think it
would make a nice improvement as long ast he command isn't completely
removed.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se