I stand corrected ;p

Paul

On 5/28/07, Thiago Macieira <thiago@kde.org> wrote:
Paul Thomas wrote:
>From that definition that they gave, I would say yes.
>
>Referencing the description of KSharedConfig in the api doc, it inherits
>from two classes, KConfig and QSharedData.
>
>The Qt docs say that QSharedData is reentrant and KConfig is meant to
> use shared memory, which would have to be thread safe. Then there's
> KSharedConfig: provides a reference counted, shared memory variant of
> KConfig.
>
>So definitely.

Wrong conclusion.

KSharedConfig means the configuration is shared. That means you can use
multiple objects to access the same config, from different places.
Everything will work as expected.

But it's not thread-safe. It's not reentrant.

  PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
  E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C 966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358