List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Is KSharedConfig thread-safe ??
From:       "dukju ahn" <dukjuahn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-28 13:02:12

I expect that I sholud read KConfig configurations
from certain method, which is excuted by separate threadweaver.
The method is used to parse project files, and uses separate
thread to not block GUI.

Question is whether KSharedConfig is thread-safe or not.
The techbase tutorial says that

It thus provides a way to reference the same configuration object
from multiple places in your application without the extra overhead
of separate objects or concerns about syncronizing writes to disk
even if the configuration object is updated from multiple code paths.

But I'm not sure whether the above paragraph means thread-safety
or not. Or is it ok just to read from KConfig, not writing?