List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: api.kde.org News
From:       Ian Wadham <ianw2 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-05-25 23:30:01

Thanks, Aaron and Michael, for your very prompt replies to my
dumb questions.

On Sat, 26 May 2007 08:57 am, Michael Pyne wrote:
> Back in the day before EBN, when devs wanted to look up online
> documentation there was a nifty Konqueror shortcut.  Entering kde:ClassName
> into the address bar would automatically bring up the API docs for the
> appropriate class.  Since the HTML is case-sensitive and we don't want to
> have to remember the exact spelling there is a class mapper script which
> brings all spellings (different only in case) to the correct page.  Now it
> works.

Funny thing is ... when I use Konqueror to do that, the answer comes
up in Firefox (my family's preferred browser) ... :-)

How I wish I had known about this trick years ago!  All the times I have
gone in through the top layer of KDE libs and tried to guess/remember
which module the class I am looking for might be in!

Cheers, Ian W.