List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: upgrading PCRE breaks Konqueror (KDE-3.5 branch)
From:       "Gary L. Greene, Jr." <greeneg () tolharadys ! net>
Date:       2007-05-24 14:27:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 24 May 2007 05:18, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On May 23, 2007, at 11:22 PM, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> > Matt Rogers wrote:

> >> did you restart kdeinit after installing your new PCRE?
> >
> > By now, I have rebooted and the problem persists.
>
> I see two options now. Either downgrade your PCRE or rebuild all of KDE.
> --
> Matt

JRT,
I don't know what's up with your system, since I'm on the KDE 3.5.4 which was
built against PCRE 6.5, and recently upgraded to the latest PCRE, and haven't
rebuilt KDE yet (but I will be soon as I upgrade to 3.5.7) and I'm not seeing
this issue. How was KDE compiled?

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: uriel