List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with hiding items in QTreeWidget
From:       Toivo Pedaste <toivo () ucs ! uwa ! edu ! au>
Date:       2007-05-22 13:02:50

>> I've converted my kpackage application from using QListView to QTreeWidget,
>> it displays a tree of package files which can have  20,000 entries.
>> I've found that he performace when hiding entries using setHidden() is much
worse
>> with QTreeWidget than QListView.

>If you want to work with large amounts of data then I would expect
>that writing your own model (inheriting from QAbstractItemModel) and
>using QTreeView would be a better approach then using QTreeWidget.

I have run kcachegrind on it and it spends most of it time in
QTreeView::setRowHidden()  and don't know if there's any way to somehow
replace this routine. When I stop it with a debugger when it's working away
it seems to be in QApplication::compressEvent() but this didn't show up in
kcachegrind.

The application is call kpackage in kdeadmin.
--
 Toivo Pedaste                        Email:  toivo@ucs.uwa.edu.au
"The time has come", the Walrus said, "to talk of many things"...