List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Color roles in KDE4 apps
From:       Eike Hein <kde () eikehein ! com>
Date:       2007-05-21 9:58:34

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I'm currently wondering if the only way to get more color roles into an
> application is an app-wide color-choosing dialog like kate has it, so
> that people can select colors for things like "error", "warning", ... or
> wether there's a way to get such things into a more central place so
> that people don't have to adjust each app separately but things can be
> changed based on the currently selected color style?

There has been quite a bit of work done on this
by the Accessibility/Usability people along with
some of the app developers, which resulted in
this paper authored by Olaf Schmidt last year:

http://amen-online.de/%7Eolafschmidt/colors/

And a new round of discussion that didn't really
go anywhere in March:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=117538320017047&w=2

--
Regards,