List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch: Idea for saving power on laptops
From:       Florian Hackenberger <f.hackenberger () chello ! at>
Date:       2007-05-18 15:42:23

On Friday 18 May 2007, Guillermo A. Amaral wrote:
> On Friday 18 May 2007 08:04, BtbN wrote:
> > What about apps like IRC-Clients? They need to respond to pings.
> > And I think, there are much more apps who need to do things in the
> > Background all the time.
> I agree, if you minimize k3b, kopete or any other background dependant app
> it will make a mess of thigs.
> Maybe some sort of opt in... for certain apps like firefox
What about a simple entry in the kwin cient popup menu, which could be
something like "stop if invisible"? We could also link it to the acpi power
events (if enabled globally) to ask the user if he/she wants to enable the
feature and describe the possible problems.

Despite of the possible problems you mentioned, I still think it would be a
viable addition for laptop users.

Cheers,
	Florian

--