List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDevelop3.3.4 cannot build source
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-05-17 16:38:23

On 17.05.07 15:59:27, David Jarvie wrote:
> On Thursday 17 May 2007 15:11, dukju ahn wrote:
> > 2007/5/17, jiang jefix <jefix214@gmail.com>:
> >> Hi
> >> I use Slackware11 ,KDevelop 3.3.4
> >> When I build source from KDevelop ,it says autoconf 2.5 is need but i
> >> use 2.6
> >> In kdevelop.org ,it says kdevelop 3.3.x requires autoconf >=2.5,So
> >> Why it doesnt work with autoconf 2.6?
> >> regards
>

> > I'm not a build system expert but as far as I know, autotools are not
> > backward compatible
> > with their older version. In some case there is a code that
> > autoconf2.5 can create but
> > autoconf2.6>= cannot create.
>
> I've hit this type of problem a few times before, and I've always found
> that editing the project's admin directory to allow more up to date
> versions of autotools works. Edit admin/detect-autoconf.sh to add the
> appropriate allowed versions.

Or checkout the admin dir from branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin, which
already contains up-to-date files.

Apart from that: jiang, if you compile kdevelop from sources don't use
3.3, use 3.4 available from

svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdevelop

Thats more up-to-date, more reliable to work with and has much better
C++ support.

Andreas

--
Chicken Little was right.