List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to package kde apps?
From:       Alexandru Scvortov <scvalex () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-17 8:17:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

You could use CMake:
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Index.html
It's KDE4's default build system.

To use it, you'll have to write a least an extra file for each project, namely
CMakeLists.txt. You can find some useful info here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/CMake

Building the project is a breeze:
$ cmake .
$ make
# make install

Or, of course, you could do it the old fashioned way, by writing your own
Makefiles. Badly done, this will kill all portability, but done well, it will
could speed up build time. (no more mudding around with libtool or the like)
http://www.hsrl.rutgers.edu/ug/make_help.html

--
Experiments must be reproducible; they should all fail in the same way.