List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror and middle mouse button
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-kdedevel () afolkey2 ! net>
Date:       2007-05-13 11:24:30

On Sun, 13 May 2007 04:20:18 +0100
Zé <mmodem00@gmail.com> wrote:

> Em Domingo, 13 de Maio de 2007, Steven P. Ulrick escreveu:
> > On Sun, 13 May 2007 03:35:18 +0100
> >
> > Zé <mmodem00@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have build and installed kdebase svn release 664065 and now when
> > > hitting the middle button mouse it doesnt paste anything in
> > > address bar or in searchbar.
> > >
> > > when hiting the middle mouse button it pastes in all other places
> > > so there must be  really something wrong in konqueror.
> >
> > Hello,
> > You appear to be running KDE compiled from Trunk.  I happen to have
> > a SLIGHTLY newer version of kdebase compiled and installed from
> > TRUNK on my system.  The behavior that you describe in Konqueror is
> > exactly the same that I am getting.  Of course on my system,
> > Konqueror doesn't display some directory and file names.  Also, the
> > address bar appears to be non-functional.  But I just take that to
> > be because KDE4 (which you appear to be, and I am, talking about
> > here) is still very much a work in progress.  We can safely assume
> > that these things will be ironed out in due time.
> >
> > Have a Great Day,
> > Steven P. Ulrick
>
> No, im using kde from branch_3.5

Hello again :)
Yes.  I looked at http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/ again.  I
have no idea how I could not have seen that the most recent
revision of kdebase is 664069.  So, I do apoligize.
Before I get off the "kdebase from Trunk" thought that I was on in my
last message on this thread, I do need to restate that the addressbar
behavior that you describe is exactly what I see in Konqueror from
Trunk.

Anyway.  My main installation of KDE is compiled from Branch 3.5.  I
had copy and paste issues with Konqueror for what seemed like a long
time.  I don't know exactly when, but my issues were fixed with a
recent update from Branch 3.5.  Why you are still having copy/paste
issues I have no idea....

Here is the output of "svn info kdebase" on my system:
steve@afolkey2 KDE-SVN]$ svn info kdebase
Repository Root: svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde
Repository UUID: 283d02a7-25f6-0310-bc7c-ecb5cbfe19da
Revision: 661666
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: scripty
Last Changed Rev: 661598
Last Changed Date: 2007-05-05 22:29:21 -0500 (Sat, 05 May 2007)

What is the output of "svn info kdebase" on your system?

Steven P. Ulrick

--
 06:10:31 up 13 days, 12:11,  2 users,  load average: 0.40, 0.26, 0.14