List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [REMINDER] KDE 4.0 Milestones
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-05-07 21:00:05

On Monday 07 May 2007 2:35:03 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Allen Winter wrote:
> > Usability and Accessibility Review:
> >   I don't think we know what this means yet.  Does the HCI team have a plan?
> >   However... this is a good time to ask/nag for widget/dialog gurus to start
> >   working on the icon, font, and color settings as described in [2], with
> >   designer mockups available at [3].  We will need to unfreeze kdelibs
> >   as needed for these dialogs.
> >
> > [2] http://amen-online.de/%7Eolafschmidt/colors/colors.pdf
> > [3] http://amen-online.de/%7Eolafschmidt/colors/designer.tar.gz
>
> JFTR I would be interested in helping with this, although since I am
> still new to KDE development (I know my way around KATE, but not so much
> KDE as a whole) I might need some help putting code in the right places.
> At the very least I have many implementation ideas and will probably
> help work on getting styles to play nicely with focus colors if we can
> get to that.
Perhaps there is someone with a bit more KDE experience who
is willing to work with Matthew?  Please, with sugar on top? :)

> (Speaking of styles, does the May 8 deadline apply to new
> styles in kdeartwork?)

No.  We still haven't settled on a milestone date for the styles.
I am waiting for the oxygen team's response, but it will be at
least 1 month from now -- early-June or perhaps mid-June.

Sooner is better than later.  If you can manage.

-Allen