List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Update: Re: Crash: Qt4.3 bug
From:       Kleag <kleag () free ! fr>
Date:       2007-04-30 21:53:09

Hello,

After a month of search, I was able to find the code which makes crash KsirK
in playground. This code is in qt-copy. It was added between Qt 4.2.3 and Qt
4.3.0 between releases 646832 and 641769. This is this code:
 void QMainWindowLayout::animationFinished(QWidget *widget)
 {
+#ifndef QT_NO_TOOLBAR
+    if (QToolBar *tb = qobject_cast<QToolBar*>(widget)) {
+        QToolBarLayout *tbl = qobject_cast<QToolBarLayout*>(tb->layout());
+        if (tbl->expanded && tbl->collapsing) {
+            tbl->expanded = false;
+            tbl->collapsing = false;
+            tbl->invalidate();
+            tb->update();
+        }
+    }
+#endif
+
     if (widget != pluggingWidget)
         return;

If I comment it out, my app works again.

I have no idea why it happens, particularly because I use only two KToolBar
that are never deleted. So, you see that I'm not really able to propose a
patch. I still don't know if the real problem comes from my code or from KDE
or Qt.
Any idea or advice ?

Regards,

Kleag

--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer