List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: wireless networking in kde
From:       "Jozef Kruger" <jozefkruger () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2007-04-30 16:25:10

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the responses to my networking questions..

>for the UI, knetworkmanager is probably "the way to go" though it needs
>some
>love it should, in kde4, use Solid to speak to the hardware, though.
>Solid's
>NetworkManager stuff seems to have everything that would be needed API
>-wise.
>
>work on the backend of Solid may need to be done as bugs crop up or missing
>features are identified.

In the meantime I managed to contact the KNetworkManager guys and indeed,
they are moving parts of KNM into Solid as we speak. Hopefully I can be of
some
assistance there and also improve the usability of it (on points such as the
one Aaron
described).

So thanks for the pointers, from now on I'll be on the knetworkmanager-devel
mailinglist mostly, so if you want to be kept uptodate, describe to that
one.

Best regards,
Jozef Kruger