List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Error building kdm docs in kdebase trunk
From:       "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-04-30 9:16:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I previously built a KDE 4 environment a few weeks ago using the guide from
techbase, http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4 and now after
updating to the latest revision I am having a problem right at the end of the
kdebase build.

[ 97%] Generating index.cache.bz2
cd /home/cryos-kde/build/KDE/kdebase/doc/kdm
&& /home/cryos-kde/kde/bin/meinproc --check --cache \
/home/cryos-kde/build/KDE/kdebase/doc/kdm/index.cache.bz2 \
                /home/cryos-kde/src/KDE/kdebase/doc/kdm/index.docbook
warning: failed to load external entity "kdmrc-ref.docbook"
index.docbook:783: parser error : Failure to process entity kdmrc-ref
&kdmrc-ref;
           ^
index.docbook:783: parser error : Entity 'kdmrc-ref' not defined
&kdmrc-ref;

This happened a week or so ago on a Monday so I figured it might be temporary.
Has anyone else hit this? I know of at least one other person on IRC who has
but we are both a little stuck on how to proceed.

I have already tried deleting the build directory and the install prefix and
starting from the beginning in case it was an issue with some stale files.
This is on an ~am64 Gentoo system. If it is a Gentoo issue I am a Gentoo dev
in the KDE herd and could fix the package if I could figure out which one was
causing the issue.

For now I could probably just disable building the docs but I would rather fix
the root cause of the issue. I couldn't find anything when I searched on the
issue. Any pointers would be much appreciated as I am uncertain what else to
try.

Thanks in advance,

Marcus