List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KGameSvgDocument: Manipulating SVG in DOM
From:       "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff () comcast ! net>
Date:       2007-04-12 0:20:47

Howdy all.

It was suggested in irc that my* class, KGameSvgDocument might solve some
issues for other devs outside of the kdegames module.  So I wanted to post
here to bring it your attention. KGameSvgDocument lives in libkdegames.

KGameSvgDocument is a specialization of QDomDocument for working with SVG
files.  It allows you to manipulate the properties of elements prior to
rendering via KSvgRenderer.

An example use might be to change the color of an element, permitting you to
create elements of any color from just one element in an svg file.  In KDE
games for example, this will allow us to have a single gamepiece defined in
SVG, yet permit the user to make it any color.

You can edit any of the style properties.  You can also apply any of the
transforms, including translating, scaling, skewing, rotating, and matrices.

It is being used in KGameLcd's  scalable, themeable, replacement (not yet in
svn).

The most recent apidox are at:
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-kde-4.0/kdegames-apidocs/libkdegames/html/classKGameSvgDocument.html

Note that as of this writing, the are missing some methods just added within
the last hour.

Regards,

Mark

*For values of 'my' that include help from the other kdegames devs.