List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kcmodule does not load kconfigxt configuration at startup
From:       Stefan Kombrink <katakombi () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-21 9:11:51

Dear developers,

 I am the maintainer of ksynaptics residing in kdereview/ and I've run into
troubles on restoring the saved touch pad configuration via kconfigxt at KDE
login.
Restoring itself works but the restored values after login equal the default
values which apply when no ksynapticsrc would be present.
So is there anything else I need to consider if using kconfigxt?

This is the loader function in src/ksynaptics.cpp:

//! for initializing on KDE start-up
extern "C"
{
    KCModule *init_UserSettings(QWidget *, const char *)
    {
        // do initialization here
        TouchPad::applyConfig();

        // ready :)
        return NULL;
    }
}

I think the fault must be lie somewhere in src/touchpad.cpp.
Maybe just anybody could gimme a hint? That would be great since I am really
stuck here :(

Thanks & Greets
 Stefan >8^)