List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Status On KPackage
From:       Kelly <lightsolphoenix () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-03-20 5:06:19

Ironically, your second paragraph mimicked exactly what I thought would be
required for KPackage to continue to have a reason to exist.

But I think you're right.  By definition, no package manager can support
ports/portage, and other than that most of the others are supported by Smart
at least.  Which would ultimately make an official KDE package manager
redundant; it'd probably be better to convert KPackage into a Qt frontend to
Smart itself, or trash it altogether.

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!