List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE library + commucial library
From:       Michael Pyne <mpyne () purinchu ! net>
Date:       2007-03-06 3:27:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 05 March 2007 22:26, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/3/6, Doo-Hyun Jang <dh.jang@gmail.com>:
> >this KDE application is used commercial library.(binary, closed source)
> >commucial library is voice codec library.
> >it's ok? is not license problem? (open source + closed source (lib) )
> >
> >and, what is this KDE application's license? if you recommend for me.
>
> All KDE softwares are GPL.

No.  kdelibs for instance is LGPL or even less restrictive.

In this situation the Qt license is probably more restrictive, but if code was
borrowed or linked against from an application that uses the GPL then yes,
the GPL restrictions apply.

BTW the best way to find out if there's a license issue is to refer to the
license for the library being used, or check the license of any source code
being used.  It would be helpful if we knew what exactly you were linking
against, for example.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne