List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to maintain a mirror branch for translations?
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-23 15:26:18

Hi,

how do I best mirror a branch in another one that is included into the
translation process?

Background:
I developed the former Contacts framework in "trunk/playground/pim" and
received there some translations which I could include in the small releases
I did.
Then I moved it as the Khalkhi framework (say [χalχi])
into "branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+". I do there now all preparations so that
Khalkhi could finally move over to "branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim". But as 3.5.7 is
still a little away (luckily) I would like to do some more small independent
releases, to have things a little more tested and used by other people in
realworld scenarios besides me.

So I would like to mirror Khalkhi again in "trunk/playground/pim", so it can
receive translations again. Developing two branches in parallel and synching
them manually sucks, as I found out, especially after a big rename in one
branch (Khalkhi vs. Contacts).

Any idea how to proceed best?

I think I best just move Khalkhi back to playground and add a svn:external
to "branches/work/kdepim-3.5.5+". Do you agree?

Thanks
Friedrich